Hey!!!

It is 10 am here in Delhi and I am not tired which is weird because I went to bed at 7 am and got up at nine. The past few days have been amazing, we have met so many awesome people ( I am writing to you from this guys Dinesh's computer right now because we are staying at his house for a bit). Yesterday we hung out a bit in the morning with Dinesh and his friend Sunil until we decided on going to a bollywood movie at Suket (a part of Delhi). The center we went to was weird cos they had a mcdonalds, subway, pizza hut etc. But, we went to this cool little bookstore where we bought a book that Karly recomended called Holy Cow plus and Indian bird guide (we have seen so many amazing birds here! I am totally digging it). We went to get some drinks before the movie and Kasey, Dinesh and I talk about the acceptance and intolerance of different expressions of sexuality in India. It is interesting to me that here, it is very common for men to hold hands and be very touchy with each other but it is not ok for women to do this. "Homosexual activity" is actually illegal here which is really scary. Anyways, the movie we saw was 3 hours long and since I fell asleep and it was in Hindi, it was hard for me to follow the plot but it was pretty entertaining. We stayed out until 4 am with these 3 french girls at the Smoke House Grill where we did a little dancing to trance music. Oh, I almost forgot. Dinesh and I also went to a concert before we met up with everyone else again which was really fun because everyone has these colorful wooden sticks that you hit together to the beat. I want to bring some back and make some awesome beats.

We've done so much already since we were here! The food is intense sometimes, and my mouth feels like a fireball but I am quickly getting used to it. Since there is just too much to say and so little time I will give you some bulleted highlights of the trip so far:

-riding in auto rickshwas which are 3 wheel open air little cars that will take you all over Delhi for cheap

- hanging out at the park/monument/tomb next to our flat at Haus Khas village: it is so beautiful and intricate and there are bright green parakeets all over the place.

- talking to people!

- making bracelets for India kids

- sleeping at the park and watching kids play Criket

- a talk by author Robert Fuller about rankism and dignity for all, the house we saw this talk at was also awesome.

- not being tied down to anything, walking outside the door and feeling like I am witnessing a National Geographic photoshoot. Everything and everyone here is so beautiful.

Peace and Love!
-Liz